Last year I decided that 2d flat beadwork was getting to be too limiting for my ideas. I had been sewing beadwork on fabric for wall hangings since the early 90’s with some years of non production sprinkled in. Beadwork is exhausting. I decided to try sculptural beadwork with glue rather than sewing. Of course I was thinking it would be “so much easier”. I did a huichol inspired toy car I stole from one of my kids. Then I grabbed a ceramic bird, flipped the beads upright, and proceeded to work out a technique, learning through trial and error. Here is my first large piece in progress. I am 167 hours in so far. I have decided it’s going to be added to a wooden alter to stabilize the plastic body from moving or flexing. Go BIG!